It’s the most romantic time of the year…seems like we just finished celebrating the holidays and here it is the next big holiday for 2018….Mardi Gras! No, just kidding, it’s Valentine’s Day! The history of Valentine’s Day is…who cares, all you need to know is that it’s Wednesday, February 14th and you should book a reservation for you and your honey now, if you want to get a table!
Here are our top choices of romantic restaurants in Westchester & Fairfield County. Some have special Valentine’s Day Menu along with their regular menu. Reservations are strongly recommended at these restaurants for Valentine’s Day.
- L’Escale in Greenwich – Fine French dining along the Harbor in Greenwich! The reason we like it, it’s on the water, they have valet parking, it’s all white, the food and service are fantastic and if you really “get lucky” they have cosy hotel rooms upstairs. It’s pricey but Valentine’s Day only comes once a year! They have a Special Valentine’s Day menu (reservations required) of a 3 course pre-fixed menu for $75 with Lobster, Filet Mignon, Grill Lamb Chops, etc…we think it’s well worth it! Reservations: (203) 661-4600
- Red Hat in Irvington – reserve a seat downstairs but the tall stained glass windows overlooking the Hudson and the sunset. They are offering a Special Valentine’s Day menu at $75 per person with our favorite…the key lime pie…it is the best! If you a fan of key lime pie, we think it’s the best in Westchester! Reservations: (914) 591-5888
- Harvest on the Hudson – One of our favorites all year-long, with high ceilings, a farm to table menu, a fantastic wine list and a magnificent view of the Hudson, you can’t go wrong for Valentine’s Day with their “Sweetheart’s Tasting” at $70 per guest, you get 3 Courses and optional wine pairings available for an additional $30 per guest. Reservations: (914) 478-2800
- Half Moon Restaurant – Located on the Hudson with the best views of New York City and the Tappen Zee Bridge (yes we still like to call it that) is one of our favorite romantic restaurant & bar with small & large American plates, a raw bar with views. This restaurant offer the most on their Special Valentine’s Day menu “With Your Loved One in Mind” at $65 per person. Reservations: (914) 693-4130
- Armonk House – The only restaurant on our list with live music on Wednesday, February 14th at 8:00pm, Jon Robert on solo piano and a Special Valentine’s Day menu starting at $65 per person. Reservations: (914) 219-5860
- Prime in Stamford – Great seafood, amazing steak and excellent desserts on the water in Stamford. Every Wednesday they offer a pre-fixed wine pairing menu and a “Spoil Her this Valentine’s Day” menu with sushi, sashimi and a grilled wagyu striploin & spot prawns and chocolate duo dessert. Reservations: (203) 817-0700
- Pearl Restaurant & Bar – nestled in the Longshore Country Club, Pearl Restaurant is newly renovated with beautiful views of the Long island Sound. The high-end restaurant is offering a Special Valentine’s Day menu with a Grilled Angus Chateaubriand for 2 and an Apple Glazed Lobster! Reservations: (203) 557-6260
- Purdy’s Farmer & the Fish in North Salem – this 18th century farmhouse and farm offers the best farm to table cooking around. There are two locations in Westchester, one in North Salem (the farmhouse) the other is in Sleepy Hollow along the Hudson Riverwalk called, Hudson Farmer & the Fish, it’s extremely small, with raw bar seating and a community table in the back room but the food and wine list is fabulous! Reservations: (914) 617-8380
- X2O Xaviars on the Hudson – this classy glass-enclosed restaurant on a pier with globally influenced American fare & Hudson views. Excellent Sushi Bar and a wide selection of food on the menu and an excellent wine list, it’s one of our favorite restaurants on the pier in Yonkers, on the Hudson. Reservations: (914) 965-1111
- Equus Restaurant at The Castle at Tarrytown – our list couldn’t be complete if we didn’t include the Castle Hotel & Spa in Westchester County! With its stone exterior and its sweeping views of the Hudson, its gothic ceilings and hotel accommodations, we could possibly leave this restaurant off our list! Equus is offering their “Royal Romance Package for Valentine’s Day,” which includes overnight accommodations, a dozen red roses placed in your room before arrival; Red or white wine with a fruit and cheese plate; three-course dinner for two served at Equus Restaurant; romantic turndown of rose petals, flameless candles & bath salts; toast the night away with a full bottle of house Prosecco & chocolate-covered strawberries; breakfast for two! Reservations: (914) 631-3646 Wow! We saved the best for last! All we need for this place is our horse and buggy ride…is there an app for that?
Don’t forget the chocolate and flowers!
We hope you have a Special and Romantic Valentine’s Day!