Bronx River Pathway – A paved, multi-use pathway that parallels the Bronx River Parkway
North County Trailway – A paved, multi-use path that spans north through the heart of Westchester for 22.1 miles to the Putnam County border. North county trailway parking locations
Note: The damaged section between Route 118 and Birdsall Road in Yorktown can now be bypassed by a narrow, fenced area adjacent to the trail. Appropriate signage has been installed to direct trail users.
Brochure and map | Map
A variety of boating options are available throughout the parks. Boat fees may apply.
Playland Park Playland Lake, Rye (914) 813-7010
- Pedal boats
- Lake cruise
Wampus Pond Route 128, Armonk (914) 273-3230
- Rowboats are available weekends and holidays (Memorial Day to Labor Day, 7 a.m.- 5 p.m. last boat out at 4 p.m.)
Westchester Boxing Club – 220 Ferris Ave, White Plains, NY 10603
Phone: (914) 329-6287
Arthur Murray Dance Centers – Three Location in Westchester County!
- White Plains: Located at 170 East Post Road White Plains, NY 10601 (914) 948-5929
- Mount Kisco: Located at 175 E. Main Street, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549
- Yonkers: Located at 2616 Central Park Ave. Yonkers, NY 10710 • (914) 337-8008
Pole Position Dance & Fitness located at 110 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains NY 10601
Phone: (914) 615-9450
Fishing is permitted in streams and lakes under the control of the Westchester County Parks Department, except in the nature preserves and where “No Fishing” signs are displayed. Find locations and fish species.
Types of fishing
A fly fishing area is available at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River. In winter, ice fishing is allowed on several lakes, conditions permitting, except in areas specifically designated for ice skaters.
Fishing license requirements
A New York State fishing license is required; licensing information can be obtained by calling the Westchester County Clerk’s office at (914) 995-3088 or the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation at (866) 472-4332. Information on permits and requirements for fishing in reservoirs located within Westchester can be obtained by calling the New York City Department of Environmental Protection at (914) 232-1309.
Westchester has six, 18-hole golf courses are at your service from early spring to late autumn, weather and conditions permitting. They are Hudson Hills, and Maple Moor with driving ranges at Mohansic, Sprain Lake, Dunwoodie and Saxon Woods
Golfers may make online reservations up to one week in advance, 24 hours a day. Reservations may also be made by calling the golf course or in person. The E-Z Reserve program enables golfers with a valid Westchester County Park Pass to block out a starting tee time for a series of weeks. Click here for more information
- Briarcliff-Peekskill Trail way – A 12-mile unpaved trail way for walkers and joggers. No bicycles allowed. Map
- Cranberry Lake History Trail – Map
- Croton Point Park – Map
- George’s Island Park
- Hilltop Hanover Hiking Trails – Traversed by 3.5 miles of unpaved trails for hiking and nature study – Map
- Sal J. Prezioso Mountain Lakes
- Saxon Woods Park
- Teatown-Kitchawan Trailway
- Tibbetts Brook
- Ward Pound Ridge
- Westchester Trails Association – If you’re an avid hiker, visit the WTA Web site for more hiking information.
- Blue Mountain Reservation
- Twin Lakes Farm Twin Lakes Farm is a riding academy and competitive show stable located at Twin Lakes Park.
- Ward Pound Ridge
Hudson River Recreation (914) 682-5135
- Rentals, guided kayak tours, and instructional kayak lessons tours are available in season.
- Fees apply, reservations recommended, subject to schedule and availability
Playland Park often called Rye Playland and also known as Playland Amusement Park, is an amusement park located in Rye, New York. Run by Westchester County, it is one of the only government owned-and-operated amusement parks in the United States. Located at 1 Playland Pkwy, Rye, NY 10580 Phone: (914) 813-7010
- Provides self-launching access to Long Island Sound for kayaks only.
- May through September, 8 a.m. to dusk, 7 days a week. Parking fees apply.
- Access to Read Sanctuary and kayak launch is possible by becoming a member of the Friends of Read Wildlife Sanctuary Inc., a non-profit group associated with the nature preserve. Members are issued a bar-coded membership card that allows access via the Playland parking lot. This access is for the sanctuary and launch only.
- Applications are available in the Playland Administration building, at the sanctuary or online at Friends of Read Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Blue Mountain bike trail – Twenty miles of trails geared to all levels of ability.Map
- Graham Hills mountain bike trail – Five miles of trails geared to experienced riders. Map
- Sprain Ridge mountain bike trail – Five miles of mountain bike trails that offer challenges for cyclists of every level of ability. Map
- Westchester Mountain Biking Association – WMBA Web site offers maps of Blue Mountain and Graham Hills.
Club Pilates Scarsdale – New Studio located at 365 Central Park Ave., Scarsdale, NY 10583 Phone: (914) 449-4411
The Cliffs Rock Climbing 13,000-sq.-ft. climbing gym with courses for all levels, classes, kids’ programs & private events. Located at 1 Commerce St, Valhalla, NY 10595
Phone: (914) 328-7625
SPORTIME Lake Isle is lower Westchester’s premier tennis destination and home to the John McEnroe Tennis Academy! NY’s leading operator of tennis and sports facilities, opened a brand new $6.5 million tennis facility on the grounds of the Lake Isle Country Club in the Town of Eastchester.
LAKE ISLE – JMTA ANNEX, 660 White Plains Road, Eastchester, NY 10709 Phone: 914-777-5151
Tennis Club of Hastings has more than a tennis club! We take pride in offering a variety of premier events and services to our members including special events throughout the year, a state-of-the-art clubhouse, waterfront lounge, and spectacular pro shop. We strive to offer you the highest level of customer service. Our team of talented tennis professionals looks forward to meeting your needs and and helping you to develop your skills. Take a lesson today. Location: 100 River Street, Hastings on Hudson, NY 10706
New Rochelle Tennis Club is situated on two acres of land centrally located, in Wykagyl Park, a quiet residential neighborhood in New Rochelle, New York. The club is conveniently located in Westchester County, and is easily accessible via the Hutchinson River Parkway, the New England Thruway, Interstate 95, and Boston Post Road. Established in 1896. New Rochelle Tennis Club is one of the oldest tennis-only clubs in the United States. Few tennis clubs can rival the range and depth of the membership of NRTC. With approximately 200 members, we have players of all skill levels! Whether you are a highly skilled tournament player or a mid-range weekender, we can almost guarantee that there is a quality game for you at New Rochelle Tennis Club!
New Rochelle Tennis Club, 114 Valley Road, New Rochelle, NY 10804 Phone: 914-633-3388
Total Body Conditioning
Orangetheory Fitness – White Plains
Orangetheory Fitness offers 60-minute workout sessions split into intervals of cardiovascular and strength training with heart rate monitors to track intensity and maximize metabolic burn. Increase energy, get visible results and burn more calories, even after leaving the studio. That’s the Orange Effect! Really want to change your body and your fitness level? Join the best fitness movement in the nation! For first time clients, please be sure to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled class. Located at 245 Mamaroneck Ave, White Plains, NY 10605 Phone: (914) 729-0996
Barry’s Boot Camp – Scarsdale
Since 1998, Barry’s Bootcamp has been delivering The Best Workout in the World® to a legendary following, including A-list celebs, models—even Olympic athletes. Our signature hour-long workouts include 25-30 minutes of interval cardiovascular treadmill routines and 25-30 minutes of strength training utilizing free weights, resistance bands, medicine balls and other equipment. Instructors, muscle groups and even workout segments vary throughout the week so that no one class is ever the same. Golden Horseshoe Shopping Center, 1086 Wilmot Rd, Scarsdale, NY 10583 Phone: (914) 472-2038
There’s nothing you can’t accomplish when you put your mind to work. At CrossFit Westchester, we train your body and mind to be determined to accomplish, to be committed to the process, and to celebrate the achievement. Let us help you set your personal limitations aside so you can get everything you ever wanted out of fitness. With a proven methodology designed by expert coaches and executed by the most inspiring and motivated community of athletes around, you’re going to do great things at CrossFit Westchester. Our diverse community is made up of people of all experience levels and a great variety of fitness goals. There’s an infinite number of ways each workout can be tailored to meet the needs of every individual. With our core values of personal responsibility, commitment, and discipline, you’re guaranteed to achieve and surpass your goals. Discover just how capable you really are. Located at 300 Hamilton Ave Ste. LLA, White Plains, NY 10601 Phone (914) 497-6229
Bikram Yoga Scarsdale – 450 Central Park Ave, Scarsdale, NY 10583
Phone: (914) 713-8500
Bikram Yoga Rye Brook – 200 S Ridge St., Rye Brook, NY 10573
Yoga Station – 221 E Hartsdale Ave, Hartsdale, NY 10530
Phone: (914) 874-6295